Wednesday, January 1, 2014

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR JANUARY 2014

Happy New Year!!!!

And now, I could not be any more excited and proud to invite you to the fifth year of Savage Cinema, which is happening on this first day of the new year and right before your eyes!!

While new 2014 film releases for January tend to be nothing more than cinema's boneyard. most thankfully there are more than enough 2013 films that, either, have yet to see their major releases or there are still films that I have to catch up to before I begin my four part annual Savage Scorecard series.

1. "The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug," is still waiting to be screened and hopefully, I will bebale to get to that one this coming weekend.

2. Spike Jonze's "Her," has been one of the films that I have been most anxious to see since possibly late last summer so once that film arrives in my city (hopefully around January 10th), I'll be able to get to that one.

3. And then, there "Inside Llewyn Davis," the latest experience from Joel and Ethan Coen, and there's no stopping me from seeing that film of course.

4. And finally, there's "Labor Day," starring the glorious Kate Winslet and the always compelling Josh Brolin and written and directed by Jason Reitman, whose varied and challenging filmography is the only reason I need to see this film at all.

I think these are somewhat conservative goals for the month but we'll see if I am able to squeak in another feature or not. But, as always, I must pace myself in order to not only ensure quality control but to also ensure that I do not burn out in the first month of the year!!

Thank you as always for being with me and my passions on this site and also as always...

...I'll see you when the house lights go down.

No comments:

Post a Comment