Friday, November 1, 2013

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR NOVEMBER 2013

As always, now it is really time to head off to the races!!

Now that we have hit November, the movie studios open the cinematic floodgates unlike at any other point during the year--including the giant Summer movie season and it is always a challenge for me to keep pace. But, as you know, and the fates willing, I will do my very best to see all that I am able to see and share my thoughts and musings with all of you.

Last month, for me, it was all about "Gravity." This month, as far as I am concerned, it is all about Director Steve McQueen's "12 Years A Slave," which I will be heading out to see this weekend hopefully. Beyond that...

1. "All Is Lost," a survivalist drama set at sea and starring Robert Redford has surprisingly not made it to my city, and even our local Sundance theatre, as of this writing. I am expecting it to arrive soon and that film is very high upon my list.

2. "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire," the second part of the film quartet series and now with Director Francis Lawrence taking over from the first film's helmer Gary Ross will be arriving just in time for Thanksgiving and you KNOW that I'll be there...along with the rest of you I am most certain.

3. Also arriving this Thanksgiving is the American remake of "Oldboy" starring Josh Brolin and directed by Spike Lee. That is all I need to get myself to the theater. 

4. I have to say that while I am indeed growing wearier and wearier with the seemingly endless onslaught of superhero costumed adventures and frankly, I could use a break from them, the Marvel Comics movies have surprisingly continued to set a high standard for high quality entertainment. Therefore, be expected to see a posting about "Thor: The Dark World" sometime this month.

5. And then, there's the new romantic comedy/drama time travel tale "About Time" from Writer/Director Richard Curtis who already gave us the wonderful "Love Actually" (2003), who also wrote the equally entertaining "Four Weddings And A Funeral" (1994) and "Notting Hill" (1999) as well as directed the well intentioned but flawed "Pirate Radio" (2009). Curtis has announced that this new film will be his last as a director and if that is indeed his intention, I hope that he will go out with the most heartfelt bang. 

With life, family, work, holidays, and even a companion blogsite all jockeying for my attention, I will try as I might to find the balance so I can achieve all that I wish to achieve. Stay tuned...

...and I'll see you when the house lights go down!

No comments:

Post a Comment