Tuesday, October 1, 2013

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR OCTOBER 2013

I already have my ticket and I am going this coming weekend! And yet...I am very unsure if I will be able to handle just what may be arriving for me.

Dear readers, the cinematic month of October for me is all about the new film "Gravity" from Writer/Director Alfonso Cuaron and I have been riveted to seeing this film ever since I saw the first trailers on-line during the summer. I have to express to you that the experience of watching footage that lasted perhaps less than, or at least no more than two minutes, riveted and left me breathless in a way that trailers have essentially ceased to conjure anymore. It was one of those extremely rare trailers where I said to myself, "I want to see that...NOW!!!!!" Even so, the trailer also left me absolutely terrified and even a bit fearful that I might not be able to withstand what is looking to be an emotionally exhausting, visually voluminous experience. Time will tell and with that upcoming review, I am flabbergasted to discover that that particular posting with mark Savage Cinema's 400th official posting!!!! Here's hoping the film experience matches my personal milestone with this site.

After "Gravity," everything is second place so to speak. But throughout this month,, I am hoping to play a bit of catch up as well as stay current.

1. Both Writer/Director Nicole Holofcener's "Enough Said" and Writer/Director/Actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt's "Don Jon" arrived in my city last weekend and I am hoping both of them hang on long enough for me to get to see them!

2. "All Is Lost," a survival drama set at sea starring Robert Redford, and reportedly a film that contains almost no dialogue has intrigued me tremendously, especially as it seems to be a more Earthbound companion piece to "Gravity."

3. On the film festival circuit, Writer/Director Steve McQueen's "12 Years A Slave" has already begun to capture incredible attention and I am very curious if that film will arrive this month or closer to awards season.

4. Additionally, Director Paul Greengrass' "Captain Phillips" starring Tom Hanks has also begun to gather up its own intense buzz, which also makes me very curious but Greengrass loves that dreaded "shaky-cam" a little too much so we'll see...

5. Perhaps if I have the time, I can possibly cobble together some pieces for some films that have recently arrived on DVD as well as maybe one Halloween themed edition but that's extremely wishful thinking!

As always, wish me luck and I'll see you when the house lights go down...

No comments:

Post a Comment