Tuesday, July 2, 2013

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR JULY 2013

You know, you miss just one week...

Yes, dear readers, within the month of June, there was one week where, due to matters much more important than the movies, I did not venture out to the cinema to check out the new releases. And ever since, I have been playing a game of "catch up."

In fact, the lack of new releases that have sparked my attention for this month, July will actually allow for me to continue catching up on films that I just have not had the time to see as of yet.

1. Writer/Director Joss Whedon's contemporary adaptation of William Shakespeare's "Much Ado About Nothing" is very high on my personal list to see, and I have a feeling that I had better act quickly!

2. Despite my dwindling enthusiasm for all things Pixar as of late, I do intend to see their latest offering "Monsters University." 

3. My curiosity has somehow grown for Co-Writer/Co-Director Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg's apocalyptic meta comedy "This Is The End" and I may have to try and squeeze that one in.

4. As for official July features, if "Blue Jasmine," the latest film from Woody Allen arrives, I have got to be first in line.

5. Buzz has been building for the following independent feature films, the drama "Fruitvale" starring Michael B. Jordan and the coming-of-age comedy "The Way, Way Back," with Steve Carell and Sam Rockwell. 

6. And then, there has been this one film that has been patiently awaiting me to view it for quite some time but I'll keep that one a bit of a secret at this time.

That is more than enough for me to chew on at this time and let's see if I am able to keep up with my own plans and schemes....

Watch this space to find out and I'll see you when the house lights go down...

No comments:

Post a Comment