Monday, April 1, 2013

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR APRIL 2013

I think that not having a plan for the month worked so very well for me last month that perhaps I will try the same approach for this month.

As with March, April also tends to be a slow month for new releases so this would be a good time for me to keep looking at the small pile of films I have patiently awaiting my full attention. And who knows, some of those movies just may be much better than what will be hitting the multiplexes...just like last month. But, there are a few notable films which just may arrive in my town over the next 30 days including...

1. "Trance," the latest film from Director Danny Boyle, who is following up his cinematic one-two punch of "Slumdog Millionaire" (2008) and "127 Hours" (2010), as well as that little event known as the London Olympics last summer, with this crime thriller.

2. Apparently, "To The Wonder," Writer/Director Terence Malick's follow up to the majestic "The Tree Of Life" (2011) is set for release this month as well.  If this is certain, I will definitely be there without question.

3. What will definitely see a full and wide theatrical release this month is the apocalyptic science fiction action thriller "Oblivion" starring Tom Cruise and I have to admit while the somewhat derivative looking trailers have made me pause, I do believe that I will be heading out for this one as well.

From here, I think anything goes and I do have to admit, slowing down for a spell does hold its advantages, especially as the Summer Movie Season looms.

Until the next posting, I'll see you when the house lights go down...

No comments:

Post a Comment