Sunday, July 1, 2012

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR JULY 2012

300!!!!

Dear readers, Savage Cinema has a grand reason to celebrate as I have now hit my official 300th posting!!

Never did I imagine that this idea would grow and grow to this point and as always, I have you to thank for helping me so tremendously in reaching this milestone. As I think about when I first began to think about this idea seriously, those very first, timid initial steps all the way to this very moment as I write to you, oddly enough, words to fully express how I feel are failing me. I hope just saying "THANK YOU" is enough to allow you to know how much your encouragement has meant, and still means to me.

Back to the month of July at hand, there are four words that have already encapsulated the month and they are the following: "THE DARK KNIGHT RISES"!

Yes, dear readers, I have already purchased my ticket for opening weekend and all I have to do now is continue the monumental task of waiting patiently to see Christopher Nolan's final installment in this revolutionary re-telling of the Batman legend.

What else is in store for this month, you ask? Well...aside from a new review that I have all ready to publish, I am also thinking about the following features...

1. "Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World" is the very first film on my docket for the month.

2. I am certainly looking forward to the return of Oliver Stone with the crime/drug thriller "Savages."

3. I am hoping that the latest from Woody Allen, "To Rome With Love" arrives in my city very soon.

4. And then, there is "The Amazing Spider-Man," from Director Marc Webb who gave us "(500) Days Of Summer." This is the one that has not sold me yet. Although I do remain more than a little skeptical, I am extremely curious what Webb just may accomplish with this re-boot.

While I will always allow room for any cinematic surprises, I think this lot will keep me busy for certain. So, upwards and onwards...

...And I'll see you when the house lights go down!!

No comments:

Post a Comment