Sunday, April 1, 2012

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR APRIL 2012

Yes, this is a slow time for me during the movie going year as the small amount of new material from me during the previous month could attest. Granted, I do happen to have a small stack of DVDs awaiting my full attention, a level of attention I have had to lightly brush aside this past month due to other life duties.

But, all of that being said, the unexpected hiatus was good for me. Hopefully, this time away has allowed my creative spirit to recharge a bit after the increased output of the winter months which lasted all the way through the Oscar season.

Now, I am beginning to see titles on the horizon that have piqued my attention and will hopefully make this month a more productive one.

1. Currently, I am writing a review for the music documentary "Everyday Sunshine: The Story Of Fishbone" and that will make its premiere shortly.

2. I recently saw the trailer for the new documentary "Bully," and that has indeed shot to the very top of my must see list. So, we'll see if the film arrives to my city this month.

3. At the end of the month, I am thrilled to see the creative and comedic reunion between Judd Apatow, Jason Segal and Director Nicholas Stoller, the team behind the wonderful "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" (2009), as they unveil their latest confection, "The Five Year Engagement."

4. Beyond that, I do have ideas floating and percolating for new installments of "Savage Cinema's Buried Treasure" and "Savage Cinema Revisits." I also may even have a potential premiere installment of "Savage Cinema's Favorite Movies" as well.

As usual I am getting more than a little ahead of myself. But, it is better to have too many ideas than too few, isn't it?

I'll see you when the house lights go down...

No comments:

Post a Comment