Tuesday, November 1, 2011

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR NOVEMBER 2011

We are reaching that time of the year when our cineplexes will be flooded with highly anticipated new films, released at such a rate that it will always be difficult to keep up with them. In many respects for me, that is actually part of the fun! As long as the films I am interested in seeing the most are doing well at the box office, that only affords me more time to actually get to them as life is so very full.

1. I am anticipating that Savage Cinema will be quite busy this month. For instance, I am already composing a review for Martin Scorsese's documentary "George Harrison: Living In The Material World" and this month will see the theatrical release of his brand spankin' new 3D children's epic "Hugo" (of which I will view in 2D).

2. I am also in the process of writing a feature that I hope will as much of a surprise to you as it was for me, especially as it concerns the work of John Hughes. Stay tuned for that one...

3. I am also expecting a much desired cinematic arrival as I really, really, really, at long last hope to see and review for you Cameron Crowe's "Pearl Jam Twenty" and Kevin Smith's "Red State."

4. Clint Eastwood continues his incredible prolific pace with "J. Edgar" and I could not be happier for the return of Director Alexander Payne with "The Descendants," his first film since the masterful "Sideways" seven years ago.

5. On the independent film front, I am keeping my eagle eyes out for two highly acclaimed psychological thrillers, "Take Shelter" and "Martha Marcy Mae Marlene."

6. And yes...there is just something touching about seeing trailers for "The Muppets." Who knows? I just may have to get myself to that one as well.

It's a lot to plan for certainly but I truly hope to be able to fully deliver.

I'll see you when the house lights go down...

No comments:

Post a Comment