Saturday, October 1, 2011

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR OCTOBER 2011

I guess my screenings of Cameron Crowe's "Pearl Jam Twenty" and Kevin Smith's "Red State" will have to wait a bit longer.

Yes, dear readers, two films that I have anxiously awaited for so very long, and have written to you about frequently throughout the year, have unfortunately not made their way to any of the movie theaters in my town as of last month. By this point, it is obviously that neither of them will arrive on the big screen in my city at all. Yet, I am a crafty film enthusiast and I am determined to see both films and have reviews for you either late this month or by early November.

As for October, this month on HBO, I will easily be viewing the premiere of Director Martin Scorsese's long in the works documentary about the immortal George Harrison entitled "Living In The Material World."

Beyond that...

1. I plan on seeing Director Jonathan Levine's "50/50" starring Joseph Gordon-Leavitt, Seth Rogen and Anna Kendrick.

2. I also have to get myself to Director Bennett Miller's "Moneyball."

3. George Clooney returns to the Director's chair for his political drama "The Ides Of March" this month. With his strong track record as a filmmaker and his astute good taste, I am curious to see what he has arrived with this time.

4. I am also keeping my cinematic eagle eye out for the independent comedy-drama "Terri" and the psychological thriller "Take Shelter."

Considering the busy nature of my work and personal life, I think these plans are more than feasible and if anything further arrives then please consider it to be a welcome surprise.

I'll see you when the house lights go down...

No comments:

Post a Comment