Monday, August 1, 2011

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR AUGUST 2011

Savage Cinema certainly received a welcome workout last month and perhaps it is good that I foresee this month being a tad quieter as the amount of releases, or at least the ones I am interested in seeing, begin to slow down before the onslaught of the Fall season.

That said, it does not mean that I have a lack on content I am anxious to share with you. Quite the contrary...

1. This will be a month of tributes as I have two entries of personal importance on the horizon. Firstly, August 6th of this month will mark the 2 year anniversary of the passing of Writer/Producer/Director John Hughes. To commemorate his work, I will again offer a special tribute to the man whose films profoundly altered my life with a review of the documentary "Don't You Forget About Me."

2. The second tribute of the month is equally personal yet physically closer to home as my local video store, Bongo Video, will close its doors forever, after 16 years of operation, in the latter part of this month. I have already begun to cobble something together and I am hoping to try and interview the store's owner. If I am able to gather such a conversation, my tribute to Bongo will be a two-part exclusive for the site and I hope that I am able to convey what this store has meant to me and the community in which I live and the sadness I feel seeing its end.

3. Aside from the tributes, I am hoping that "One Day" starring Anne Hathaway and Jim Sturgess reaches my local screens this month.

4. I am also looking forward to seeing "Terri," a teenage themed independent film starring John C. Reilly.

5. Beyond that, I think that I just may be able to squeeze in some surprise reviews and new entries into the "Savage Cinema Revisits" series.

With my real world responsibilities heating up at the end of this month and sliding into the next month, I hope that I am able to again deliver to you the fruits of my cinematically inspired plans. Keep your fingers crossed for me and I would appreciate any well-wishes you are willing to send my way.

I'll see you when the house lights go down...

No comments:

Post a Comment