Wednesday, June 1, 2011

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR JUNE 2011

May certainly began the new movie season with high style and substance and I am sincerely hoping that my good cinematic fortune will continue for this month.

1. First things first, I am virtually standing in line for "Super 8," the third film (and first original story for a motion picture) from Writer/Director J.J. Abrams.

2. I am already composing a new entry for "Savage Cinema Debuts" and I also hope to have a new entry for "Savage Cinema Revisits" as well.

3. If the cinematic fates and forces are at work in a most positive manner, I am hoping that both Woody Allen's "Midnight In Paris" and Terrence Malick's "Tree Of Life" arrive at my local cineplex.

4. And then, there's Pixar's "Cars 2," a sequel to a film that is indeed the one Pixar feature that does not stand as tall as the rest of their oeuvre. But, hey...it is Pixar and their weakest efforts are still better than most other major releases anyway.

Summer has not even officially begun and it is already looking to be an extremely busy time, personally, professionally and cinematically. As always, I pledge to do my best to keep up with life, health and film, delivering to you reviews an impressions as best as I am able. And all going well, Savage Cinema just may hit a new milestone this month.

We'll see...

Until then, I'll see you when the house lights go down...

No comments:

Post a Comment