Friday, April 1, 2011

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR APRIL 2011

A SELF IMPOSED HIATUS

March 2011 was a completely unexpected month in the life of Savage Cinema, or more truthfully, just my life period.

For the very first time since this site's inception, March was a month that contained absolutely no postings other than the introductory "Coming Attractions" teaser and please believe me, dear readers, that absence of material was completely unplanned. Without going into the particulars in a more detailed degree, my life was consumed with stresses from the vehicular to the over-arching political as the city in which I live is indeed under siege from megalomanaical politicians.

My life became (in addition to the standard duties of my primary occupation as preschool teacher and life duties as husband and home owner) filled to the brim with political protests and oceans of worry at the unknown. An unknown that still could potentially hinder my ability to even see the very movies I wish to engage with and write about. And then, I became ill, on top of it all, and only now do I feel that I am beginning to crawl out of that foxhole of a month, blinking my eyes at the light of the world.

Regardless of the fact that March simply contained scant movies that I even wished to see at all, the lack of material was quite simple actually: my heart was broken.

You see, as I once said to a friend, I am Savage Cinema and Savage Cinema is me, the two are linked forever. I say that to you now because I believe it to be obvious that this site is one of my life's passions and every word I write is an extension of my inner being and spirit. They are symbiotic and inseparable from each other. If I am just not feeling it, so to speak, I just cannot write and March was a month where I just was not feeling the impetus to compose. I had begun two postings half-heartedly but just could not finish them.

But, now, I suppose I am feeling a certain inner flame trying to burn once again and I am trying to get myself going. I have seen one film within the last week and the words are beginning to flow. And I will try to piece together those two aforementioned postings that I had not completed. And moreso, I have been so pleased to discover that Sofia Coppola's "Somewhere" has finally arrived in my city for a one week engagement and nothing will keep me away from that.

So, wish me well and I will try to write once again, presenting my thoughts to you for your reading pleasure. I will see you when the house lights go down...

No comments:

Post a Comment