Monday, November 1, 2010

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR NOVEMBER 2010

Now it's time for the big guns.

From this point until late January, Hollywood and independent studios take this opportunity to release their most major releases of the cinematic calendar year. Mostly, this is solely to have their films qualify for awards season by being the freshest in viewer's minds.

While this tactic makes for a film going year that began as horrendously as this year, it is amazing to think that there will now be more than enough movies to choose from. So much so, that it will be difficult to keep up with the pace!

But, I do intend to try, especially with increased teaching duties and holiday responsibilities on the horizon. And here's what is in the pipeline...

1. I am currently composing my review for filmmaker Davis Guggenheim's documentary "Waiting For 'Superman'."

2. I hope to then screen Clint Eastwood's spiritual drama "Hereafter."

3. "The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest," the final entry in Steig Larsson's "Millenium Trilogy," will hopefully make it's way into my schedule.

4. While not a fan of "The Hangover" at all, I have to say that Director Todd Phillips' "Due Date," starring Robert Downey Jr. and Zach Galifianakis has indeed captured my curiosity.

5. And of course...the biggest of them all for the month...NOTHING will keep me away from Director David Yates' adaptation of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows-Part 1"!!!

That is certainly enough to keep my creative muscles flexed for the month and I hope to see you when the house lights go down...

No comments:

Post a Comment