Friday, October 1, 2010

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR OCTOBER 2010

We have entered a new season, dear readers, and I do not simply mean the autumnal one.

Typically beginning in September, movies that tend to be of a more adult nature, complete with more complex themes and characters start to make their arrival into our theaters. In most cases, this is also the point in the year where the overall quality within the output raises considerably. It is a complaint that I have held for years as I feel that great films should be spread throughout the year and not just saved for the final four months (strictly for Oscar considerations) and especially, the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

But, I have to say that once I am in that darkened theater, experiencing high cinematic quality, my complaints diminish considerably.

For the month of October, I am itching, just itching, I tell you, to get myself to the movie theater to see "The Social Network,"the latest work from Director David Fincher and written by the masterful Aaron Sorkin.

On the horizon are the following new films...

1. "You Will Meet A Tall, Dark Stranger," from Writer/Director Woody Allen.

2. "Never Let Me Go," Director Mark Romanek's adaptation of the Kazuo Ishiguro novel.

3. Master filmmaker Clint Eastwood continues his prolific streak with the spiritually driven drama, "Hereafter" starring Matt Damon.

4. There's even "The Girl Who Kicked The Hornest's Nest," the final installment of the Swedish film adaptations of Stieg Larsson's "Millenium Trilogy."

5. I also plan to write a new installment of "Savage Cinema's Buried Treasure" spotlighting some chilling features just in time for Halloween.

Certainly release dates are always subject to change and the interference of life may slow me down from time to time, but that is my plan for myself and for you, dear readers.

I'll see you when the house lights go down...

No comments:

Post a Comment