Wednesday, September 1, 2010

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR SEPTEMBER 2010

"Ring! Ring! Goes The Bell!!"
-Chuck Berry
"School Day" (1957)

The first day of September. The first day of a new school year. The first day of a new month at Savage Cinema and it seems as if the floodgates of the cineplexes will soon be open with a plethora of new material to view, an amount of which has been sadly lacking throughout the year thus far.

Last month, almost did me in, dear readers. To be more specific, the very end of the previous month as a surprise illness definitely knocked me for a loop. It brought the site to a halt for a spell as I just did not have even one solitary speck of creative energy to devote to anything more than moaning and wailing and the act of healing.

Now, I have returned, almost at full force with new postings and reviews heading your way.

1. "Savage Cinema's Buried Treasure" will get a workout after I finish writing an installment to conclude last month's postings. For this month, I will house a two-part "Back To School Edition" spotlighting some school themed films I have always enjoyed...and due to the nature of buried treasure, these selections are decidedly NOT going to spotlight any of the classic, and now legendary entries in the genre. Stay tuned...

2. I hope to get myself to see a screening of the new rustic, dark comedy "Get Low" with Robert Duvall and Bill Murray.

3. I am very curious to check out Ben Affleck's "The Town," his second feature as a Director.

4. And of course, I could not ever miss the return of Oliver Stone and Michael Douglas with "Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps."

Please allow me and the site ample room for any special and/or unexpected twists and turns and I'll see you when the house lights go down.

No comments:

Post a Comment